The United States military shot down another UFO over Lake Huron earlier today, making the third such military encounter in as many days. According to the Pentagon, an F-16 shot down the object over Lake Huron; it was octagon shaped and was flying at an altitude of 20,000 feet, posing a threat to civilian air traffic.
“With the cooperation of the Federal Aviation Administration, North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) implemented a temporary flight restriction airspace over Lake Michigan at approximately 12 pm ET on February 12, 2023, to ensure the safety of air traffic in the area during NORAD operations. The temporary flight restriction has since been lifted,” said NORAD in a statement they shared on Twitter today.
The UFO over Lake Huron today appears to be the object over Montana yesterday that forced the closure of airspace and the scramble of military jets there. According to Pentagon sources, radar picked it up again Sunday hovering over the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and took decisive action to terminate it.
While details are scarce on what the octagonal object shot down today was, there are more details about the objects previously shot down over Alaska and Canada in recent days.
Today, Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer told ABC-TV’s “This Week” that U.S. officials were working quickly to recover debris. Describing the shot-down objects now as balloons, he said U.S military and intelligence officials were “focused like a laser” on gathering and accumulating the information, then compiling a comprehensive analysis.
“The bottom line is until a few months ago we didn’t know about these balloons,” Schumer said of the spy program that the administration has linked to the People’s Liberation Army, China’s military. “It is wild that we didn’t know.”
China has yet to claim responsibility for these latest UFOs while claiming another object shot down last weekend off the coast of South Carolina was merely a weather balloon that had drifted off-course.
China has also reported a mysterious UFO in their airspace too. Early on Sunday, ttate media in China reported that a mysterious unidentified flying object (UFO) was flying over eastern China’s Shandong Province and was warning people in the area to “stay safe” as officials prepare to shoot it down. According to The Global Times, an English media outlet run by China, local maritime authorities on Sunday said that they had spotted an unidentified flying object in waters near the coastal city of Rizhao in the province and were preparing to shoot it down, reminding fishermen to be safe via messages. Outside of this Chinese government report, there is no other third party confirmation of this incident and/or if it is ongoing.